It's Monday. Are you doing what you're supposed to be doing?
I'm not talking about just being on task, but contributing your real value to the world in a way that feels authentic and empowering. That purpose doesn't have to be at your "day job", either. Maybe it's serving on a school board, cooking tasty meals for friends, checking in on your elderly neighbor, supporting people in recovery, making funky art in your backyard. Maybe your purpose is to sit in stillness and that’s got nothing to do with work, but you want to borrow some of that grounded-ness for what’s going to pay the bills.
One of the things that came out of developing my "Find Your Voice/Tell Your Story" course last year was that people wanted help communicating their purpose in clear deliverables like their resumé, website copy, speaker bio, or LinkedIn profile.
So, I've been experimenting with a service I call Resumé Recharge, where I work with individuals to customize a resumé (or other materials mentioned above) to convey their unique skills and career goals, taking careful consideration of the audience they’d like to reach and the projects/clients/job opportunities they’d like to attract. My goal is to find the language that showcases your defining differential.
Bottomline: Before 2019 is out, I've got room to take on 10 new clients for a Resumé Recharge.
Here's how it works:
1) You complete a questionnaire with prompts to draw out your best articulation of purpose and passion. You also send me your current resumé and/or any bios you have.
2) We come together for a 30-45 min call where I can ask clarifying questions.
3) I take the information from your questionnaire, your current materials, and our conversation and create a first draft for your review. One review round for edits is included in this proposal and then we finalize.
- Client completes questionnaire and sends previous resumé, bio, job descriptions
- I review the questionnaire and synthesize information to prep for our "download" call
- 30-45 min "download" call (timing flexible based on your availability)
- Either: I provide a guide and custom edits for the client to incorporate OR I present a new resumé from the call insights- Evaluate consistency of the narrative in other materials (LinkedIn profile, bio, website copy, etc)
Resumé Guide + Custom Tips = $200
Resumé, Bio, Website Copy, LinkedIn profile refresh = $600
Am I a career coach? NOOOOOOO, but hat tip to those pros.
Am I a head hunter? No, this is definitely more focused on the communications aspect of navigating a career and getting clear on how you can talk about what drives you and what your goals are.
Am I an HR recruiter? No, but I will do the research to align your resumé or bio to your field.
Sound like you? Shoot me an email and let's get started.